During my visit to Los Angeles, we also planned a day to visit Disneyland, as you all might have seen on my Instagram. For me, Disneyland was the first time. And I swear, I could spend a whole week there. It was so amazing. In the Netherlands we also have a fairytale park: De Efteling. It’s with Snow White and Cinderella and that kind of stuff and when I was a little kid I really loved it there, but Disneyland surpassed it all.
I knew America was extreme in all kinds of (positive) ways, but what I saw in Disneyland was just crazy. Beyond imagination. Even the trash bins were beautiful.
If you go to Disneyland I will recommend a few things:
- Plan it on a weekday;
- Buy tickets in advance;
- Go early!! I only arrived at the park around 11 pm and it was okay but busy already;
- Only take necessary things with you, try to avoid a bag full of needless stuff, because you are going to walk a lot. It’s worth it;
- Have a good look at the map before you go into the park. There is also a time schedule of all the Disney characters and where you can find them. It would be a pity to miss a lovely picture with your favorite Disney character;
- You can buy a special pass to avoid the lines. You can buy that pass at the park itself but unfortunately we didn’t buy it, so I had to skip some attractions because the lines were more than an hour and I thought that was crazy. Now I regret it. It’s called the ‘Fastpass’ and you can only use it at a few attractions;
- Think about the weather. Try to wear the most comfy clothes because – believe me – you don’t want to carry your jacket around all time. There are lockers of course, but then you have to walk all the way back to your locker and stuff;
- Take cash with you!
Disneyland has two parks: Disneyland Park and Disneyland Adventure Park. The Disneyland Park is the ‘quiet’ park, where you can stroll around and meet your favorite fairytale princesses. In Disneyland Park they have the less heavy rides or rollercoasters. At night there is a firework show, which I unfortunately couldn’t see, but I have heard from everyone that it’s fantastic and really worth to stay and watch.
Disneyland Adventure Park of course has the more heavy attractions and the more spectacular rollercoasters. You MUST go into the California Screamin’. That’s the coolest rollercoaster in Disneyland California! There are 7 ‘lands’ where you’ll come across several Disney and Pixar stories.
At Disneyland Park I really loved everything. Fantasyland for example was just amazing. At Disneyland Adventure Park my favorites were Buena Vista Street, Hollywood land (with the famous Hollywood Tower), Pacific Pier and Pacific Wharf.
All in all, it was the most enchanting experience ever. I wish I went there when I was a little kid.